Terms and Conditions
Welcome to UDS Pay!
These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of the UDS Pay platform, accessible at https://pay.uds.edu.gh.
By accessing this platform, we assume you have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use UDS Pay if you do not agree to all the terms and conditions stated on this page.
Unless otherwise stated, University for Development Studies and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material/content on the UDS Pay platform. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access any material/content from UDS Pay for your own personal use subject to restrictions set in these terms and conditions.
You must not:
- Republish any material/content from UDS Pay
- Sell, rent or sub-license material/content from UDS Pay
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material/content from UDS Pay
- Redistribute content from UDS Pay
This Agreement shall begin on the date hereof.
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to our Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- Search engines;
- News organizations;
- Online educational directory distributors may link to our payment platform in the same manner as they hyperlink to websites of other listed institutions; and
- System wide Accredited Businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to our payment platform.
These organizations may link to UDS Pay’s home page or any part of the platform so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organizations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organizations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavorably to ourselves or to our accredited business processes; (b) the organization does not have any negative records with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of University for Development Studies; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organizations may link to UDS Pay’s home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
If you are one of the organizations listed above, and interested in linking to UDS Pay, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to University for Development Studies. Please include your name, your organization’s name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to our payment platform, and a list of the URLs on our payment platform to which you would like to link. Wait 2-3 weeks for a response.
Approved organizations may hyperlink to our payment platform as follows:
- By use of our logo and corporate name; UDS Pay or
- By use of the URL being linked to; or
- By use of any other description of our payment platform being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
No use of University for Development Studies' logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking only with a trademark license agreement.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around webpages of UDS Pay that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of our payment platform.
We shall not be held responsible for any content that appears on your website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims arising from your use of our content on your website. No link(s) should appear on any website that may be interpreted as libelous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to our payment platform. You approve to immediately remove all links to our payment platform upon request. We also reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions and the linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to UDS Pay, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking terms and conditions.
Removal of links from our website
If you find any link on our payment platform that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us at any time. We shall consider requests to remove links but we are not obliged to do so or to respond to you directly.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to UDS Pay and the use of this payment platform. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set in this Section and elsewhere in this disclaimer: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as UDS Pay and the information and services on the payment platform are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.